Sunday, November 8, 2009

The infamous movie Good Hair.....


Okay we have all heard of the movie Good Hair, which I have not seen yet. But I'm gonna speak on it because I can totally relate on the subject and I have watched several interviews on why Chris Rock made the movie in the first place.
As I sat and watched the interview with Chris Rock and Oprah I am going to have to admit, it was getting under my skin. My first initial reaction was I can't believe he is putting us(black women) on blast like that. "He has some nerve!" with my arms crossed and lips pursed. "He has no idea what we go through!" I took a deep breath and listened further. The black hair industry is a 9 billion dollar industry, thats alot of dough. And I don't think he was bashing us in anyway. The previews were quite funny. But, I will say this. I think he was basically telling us as black women to relax. Its not that serious and also explaining to us we are not all Tyra Banks, Beyonce, or Oprah Winfrey. If you are Quankisha working at AT&T making 12 dollars an hour you should not be buying $1,000 weaves. We need to start being smart with our money. There was a young lady on Tyra Banks speaking on this subject and she admitted that she would spend her bill money on her hair. There are other alternatives that are just as good.(Which we will be discussing further on this blog) I will be on the hunt for these other alternatives on doing our hair to save us money. At the end of the day we as women like to look beautiful and there is nothing wrong with that. Just don't go broke doing it . Peace and love. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment