Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Headscarf, T-shirt, and Sweat Pants Moment

Hi everyone I hope everyone one is having a great Veterans Day.(Shout out to all the soldiers) This is part of my blog I will call my headscarf, t-shirt, and sweat pants moments. I love fashion and glamour but sometimes you just want to throw on some sweatpants and a t-shirt. You know what I mean ladies.


Several nights ago I was getting my daughter ready for bed when I got a phone call from a good friend I have'nt talked to in awhile. She was very upset, apparently a co-worker told her she was self centered. Now I've known this person for a long time and I don't know her as being self-centered. She did the wise thing and did not respond back to this person, but apparently it struck a nerve with her because she asked me "What kind of person do you think I am?" I was kind of taken aback because I can hear the quivering in her voice as if she was about to cry. So after a few seconds of silence, I explained to her that I thought of her as strong, funny, and kind. But after that I also asked her "why do care what anyone thinks of you?" Bottom line is this, in life you are going to have people misunderstand you, talk bad about you(they are called haters and if you don't have any get some)try to take your joy away etc. At the end of the day the only being that really knows what type of person you are is God Almighty, thats all that matters. I know its hard, but this is something we need to tell ourselves everyday. Thats my moment.....I hope this helped somebody out there, this advise sure helped me. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment