Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Do it Yourself Project......

Okay about 2 weeks ago I went to a garage sale.(Love garage sales) I was on a mission, I needed a chair for my vanity. It's early in the morning, the fog is lifting, its a chill in the air. (Time for some coffee and a donut from Dunk'n Donuts) I know, I know donuts high in calories blah blah, the mood was right for a coffee and donut what can I say lol. So I'm driving around the neighborhood and I pull up to my first garage sale. I walk up to the merchandise checking out the people who are intensely looking at the things on sale. The young man having the sale comes up to me and says "morning can I help you find anything?" I told him I was looking for a chair to put at my vanity. He turns around and points to the one he was sitting in and says, "I can sell that one to you." The chair was made of real maple wood and of course I'm like that would be perfect. My next question to him was "how much?" He says "I'll sell it to you for $3.00" I was so grateful and I bought the chair. I took it home and I had to make the chair my own so I made it girly. I painted the chair chocolate brown and made a cushion out of teal and cream printed material. The cushion I used an old pillow I had laying around and the material I got from Joann's fabrics in the clearance section for 4.00 bucks. So that was my DIY project that I was proud of and I thought I would share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment