Monday, March 22, 2010

My Natural Hair Journey........



Hello all....I hope everyone had a great weekend. I had a fab weekend with my daughter on the beautiful beaches of Jacksonville, FL. But what I'm writing about today is, my natural hair journey. I decided to take this journey and grow out my "natural" hair. And folks I must say...I tried....I really did....lol. But the journey had to come to an end. Gave the flat iron a try(that did'nt work), gave pinning it up a try, that was okay until the end of the day when my hair looked like the end of a Q-tip.(lol) Needless to say it was a great journey but the "natural" hair thing just was not in the cards for me. Nothing against my "natural haired" sistas if you can rock it ROCK it!!! On a serious note straightening my hair does not make me any less of a african american woman. Hence the lyrics from Andrea 3000 from the album Aquemini, "Is every dread for the cause or is every ***** with golds for the fall" This is just how I prefer to wear my hair. TO EACH IS OWN!!! Maybe I will give it a try again in the near future but for now this is how I want to wear my hair. Let me know if you have gone through this as well leave a comment, I want to know your "natural" hair journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment